Wednesday, August 5, 2009

School's Out

School is off for a whole week due to the increasing number of students and teachers getting sick. Hopefully its just the regular flu and not caused by the Influenza A (H1N1) virus. Teachers and students are instructed to quarantined themselves at home for the whole week. I hope everyone will follow the instruction given by the authorities. Anyway, the August test was postponed to the last week before the school holidays. Use the time wisely to prepare for the test and the BIG exams that are coming soon. I'm putting up some mathematical jokes I found to lighten up the atmosphere :

1. Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].

2. If I had only one day left to live, I would live it in my statistics class: it would seem so much longer

3. It is proven that the celebration of birthdays is healthy. Statistics show that those people who celebrate the most birthdays become the oldest.

4. Q : Why was the maths book unhappy A : It had too many problems

5. Teacher: "Who can tell me what 7 times 6 is?"
Student: "It's 42!"
Teacher: "Very good! - And who can tell me what 6 times 7 is?"
Same student: "It's 24!

6. Q: How does a mathematician induce good behavior in her children?
A: `I've told you n times, I've told you n+1 times.

7. Student Howler 1: An average is a thing that hens lay their eggs on - for example, "My hens lay four eggs a week on average."

8. A professor, when asked how many problems there would be on the final, turned to the student and replied, "I think you will have lots of problems on the final."

9. What keeps a square from moving? Square roots, of course.

10. Teacher : If you had one dollar and you asked your father for another, how
many dollars would you have?

Student : One dollar.

Teacher : You don't know your arithmetic.

Student : You don't know my father !


Happy Face Math

No comments:

Post a Comment